[Openstreetmap] Thoughts on the "Community portal"

Alex Vieira alex_vieira at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 4 22:59:46 GMT 2006

Hello Erik,

I created a Sweden section, where there is a link to your Catergory:
Users_in_sweden (not a pretty link as I am not very knowledgeable in wikis)
I noticed that no page in the site linked to your page, maybe that is a reason
why noone else joined (it was also a reason for sending my initial message,
as I noticed that this afternoon...somehow I bumped into that page...)
Well hopefully they will now join!
And to all, thanks for creating those sections!!

Greetings,

Alex

On 1/4/06, Alex Vieira <alex_vieira at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> as I read this list I realise that there are people from many places using
> this website - France, Ireland, Germany, Norway, Sweden, US, (hopefully
more)
> - why don´t you add a page in the wiki for your "groups"?
> It makes it easier to keep track of what is done (and not), and, makes it
> easier for people not actively mapping a country to communicate to the ones
> that do any mapping that one happens to make in another country.

I'm using a wikipedian like Category for listing the users in Sweden,
though I'm pretty lonely in Sweden at this moment, since I don't feel
I can edit their user pages myself. ;-)

http://www.openstreetmap.org/wiki/index.php/Category:Users_in_Sweden

--
/Erik