[Openstreetmap] Thoughts on the "Community portal"

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Thu Jan 5 09:38:02 GMT 2006

Tommy Persson wrote:

> How do you add a category?  I spent 10 minutes looking for how
> to do it but could not find it.

To add yourself to that category, simply add the phrase
[[category:Users in Sweden]] in your user page.   On the category
page, the included pages will be listed alphabetically, so all
users will appear under "U".  To escape this, change the phrase to
[[category:Users in Sweden|Tompe]] and your name will be listed
under "T" in the category page.

If instead you want to make a regular link to the category page,
as Amvv wanted to do from WikiProject Sweden, you must add a colon
to the beginning of the phrase, like this,
[[:category:Users in Sweden]]

This morning I created a [[category:Users in Östergötland]] and
added you, me, and Ka-Ka to it.  This is subcategory to Users in
Sweden.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)