[Openstreetmap] Editor question

Tommy Persson tpe at ida.liu.se
Wed Jan 25 16:55:03 GMT 2006

> >I've already said - the automated inclusion of 'dodgy points' isn't really
> >the issue.  They can be filtered out.  The problem is that (with luck, in
> >the future) there might be more than one person committing edits to the
> >same place - how do you propose to deal with this if you've been editing
> >offline for a significant period of time?  At the moment, the online
> >(applet) method deals with this by restricting the editing process to
> >small areas, and requiring you to refresh the live data when you move
> >around.  Conflicts can still occur, but they will likely be less drastic.
>
> This could be done in osm-editor, and perhaps has already been done in JOSM
> and osmpedit?

Not in osmpedit.  When I use osmpedit I load the node/segment data for
a large area then I zoom in using previusly cached landsat tiles so I
get fast response.  I though it was a feature that nodes/segment are
cached.  They are cached until you do a reload when they are replaced.
So I really do not like solutions based on loading a small amount of
data.  I think this problem has to be handled in another way.

/Tommy