[OSM-talk] Good deal on Garmin GPS unit

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Wed Jul 5 12:01:51 BST 2006

On 5 Jul 2006, at 10:43, Floris wrote:
> I ordered mine last week, it was delivered to the Netherlands next-
> day. Very nice.
> I was also shocked to see how big it was, and i had to compare it
> to my
> Geko 201 :) so my shock was bigger...

I used a Wintec WBT-200 for a really stark contrast :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andyarmstrong/180652542/

> I will be using this device to get tracks for OSM but have to get a
> cycle mount first.

I'm not sure I'd want something that huge bouncing around on the bars
- maybe in the top of your Camelbak/backpack would be OK?

> I probably won't be using the Geko unless i really don't want the
> extra weight.

Geko's still my bike GPS of choice. I like the fact that it looks
like no more than a slightly oversized bike computer. Maybe I worry
too much about how these things look? :)

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net