[OSM-talk] Good deal on Garmin GPS unit

Dan Karran dan at karran.net
Wed Jul 5 22:08:47 BST 2006

On 7/5/06, Dan Karran <dan at karran.net> wrote:

> I'm impressed that it has (admittedly very basic) road network data
> for the Isle of Man. I couldn't figure out how to get it to navigate
> me to the island from here in Stuttgart by road though.
>
> Oh, and I'm happy to see that I can now fully customise the sample
> rate for track logs.

Hmm, one thing. Does anybody know of drivers I can install on my Mac
to talk to the 76C using the USB cable they supply? (I should have
thought of that before buying really!). MacGPSBabel seems to talk to
it partially without having installed anything for it, but then it
can't download anything - it just hangs.

Any help appreciated - otherwise I guess I'll buy a serial cable for
it that I can plug into my Keyspan adaptor.

Cheers,
Dan

--
Dan Karran