[OSM-talk] JOSM Suggestion

Andrew Findlay andrew at findlay.org
Fri Jul 7 17:07:44 BST 2006

JOSM chews a lot of CPU when downloading points. Maybe half the
download time is spent with whirling numbers in the 'Downloading
(nnnn/???)' dialogue and the CPU at 100% on a fairly recent laptop.

Maybe it would help to only report every 10th point, or (better) only
update the display every 0.2s ?

[ You can probably guess that I have just asked it for the raw data
on a bit of central London... ]

Andrew