[OSM-talk] New, significantly revised version of osmeditor2

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Fri Jul 7 23:34:26 BST 2006

[Nick Whitelegg]
> Finally, just a bit of feedback for a possible future idea:  at the moment,
> you grab OSM data from the server manually. What would people think of tiled
> retrieval of OSM data as per the applet?

Yes, that would be nice.  Thank you for updating osmeditor2.  I really
like to have a linux client for OSM. :)

I just gave it a go, and ran into a crash bug.  Checking the problem
in valgrind make me believe that the HTTP download code will write to
released memory if one zoom out and invalidate the tiles it is
downloaded to, before it is done.  To reproduce, start osmeditor2,
press the 'enable lansat' button, and then twice on the 'zoom out'
button.

Friendly,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen