[OSM-talk] SBAS - (EGNOS / WAAS)

Etienne 80n80n at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 09:41:54 BST 2006

I've recently enabled SBAS on my NaviGPS.  The word is that you have to
operate it in full power mode, not low power mode, and it will consume more
power when it _doesn't_ have a lock on an EGNOS satellite because it will
seach continuously.

On a recent run my track logs showed the following fix ratios:
2D = .03%
3D = 58%
DGPS = 38%

So I was getting a DGPS fix for a little over one third of the time.  I
haven't noticed any problems with battery life while SBAS is enabled, but
the NaviGPS has such good performance in this area that its never been a
concern.

Etienne