[OSM-talk] New version of Osmarender

matthew-osm at newtoncomputing.co.uk matthew-osm at newtoncomputing.co.uk
Tue Jul 11 01:41:21 BST 2006

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 12:16:00AM +0100, Dean Earley wrote:
> >> ps, you may also want to add support for highway:minor.
> >
> >I will when I know what it means.  How is it different from
> >highway=unclassified?
>
> I consider it a minor back road/country lane. This (in my opinion) is
> different to unclassified which I would think is a track/private road.

As I understand it, C-class roads would be classed as "unclassified". This is
because they have no national classification, and are given numbers by the
county council, rather than centrally by the government. These are generally any
roads that are not "A" or "B" (but probably do not include private roads or
tracks, IMO).

If there is any desparate need, I can check with my Dad, who is a retired*
County Council highways engineer :-).

--
Matthew

* whatever that word is supposed to mean...