[OSM-talk] South West London

Steve Chilton S.L.Chilton at mdx.ac.uk
Tue Jul 11 10:32:47 BST 2006

Very nice.
I also download areas in chunks (OSM>JOSM>Osmarender) to check
progress/tagging, etc. Does anyone have a neat way of butting up
download sections to overcome the zoom=12 limit of JOSM? Currently I am
changing the values of the centre point of the OSM display before
sequentially copying each URL into JOSM. This is very fiddly and not
helped by the OSM map not changing the URL if you pan the map (could I
put that as a wishlist item?), and produces quite heavy data redundancy.
Does zoom=12 represent a specific range of x and y values, or is it
affected by where you are on globe (ie projection)? Analysing the
max/min box seems to give values of approx 0.044 and 0.088 for the range
of x and y. However putting these in to the max/min boxes (ie adding
0.044 to min for x) produces a 400 error [and the values seem to revert
to more accurate - ie more digits - ones based on zoom=12 (centred on
the calculated centre value?)].
Any comments/advice gratefully received.
NB: I want to add a revised North London png to the wiki but noted the
same upload error (which I believe is now resolved).
Cheers
STEVE

Steve Chilton, Learning Support Fellow
Learning and Technical Support Unit Manager
School of Health and Social Sciences
Middlesex University
phone/fax: 020 8411 5355
email: steve8 at mdx.ac.uk