[OSM-talk] New version of Osmarender

Dan Karran dan at karran.net
Tue Jul 11 20:47:51 BST 2006

On 7/8/06, Etienne <80n80n at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've just put Osmarender 2.0 up on the wiki at
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Osmarender2.xsl and
> a new rules file at
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Osm-map-features2.xml.

Thanks for the improvements, Etienne. I'm having difficulty getting it
to run on the Mac though... I get the following error from the command
line, and Firefox just returns the two images but no map data.

java -cp xalan.jar org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in
osm-map-features2.xml -out isleofman-100706.svg
[Fatal Error] osmarender2.xsl:1:37: Invalid byte 2 of 2-byte UTF-8 sequence.

file:///Users/dankarran/Documents/Geo/OpenStreetMap/osmarender2.xsl;
Line #1; Column #37; XSLT Error
(javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException):
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Invalid byte 2 of 2-byte UTF-8
sequence.
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Invalid byte 2 of 2-byte UTF-8
sequence.
        at org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process.doExit(Process.java:1153)
        at org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process.main(Process.java:1126)

Any thoughts on what may be wrong in my version with line 1, column
37? I thought possible something to do with carriage returns, but it
doesn't 37 is before that I think.

Cheers,
Dan

--