[OSM-talk] Form letter (was: Fund Raising Ideas)

OJW streetmap at blibbleblobble.co.uk
Sun Jul 16 15:04:37 BST 2006

Just a thought: we might not want to introduce ourselves by either
* Accusing them of copyright infringement
* Disparaging the map they made themselves
* or disparaging their website design

(those are all from the first multi-choice paragraph on the form letter)

We probably ought to try the idea out with friendly organisations first to
sort-out the idea and get a portfolio, rather than trolling random businesses
with a form letter.  Perhaps a few people could practise creating direction
maps to a random location and publish the results, so we can comment on the
various designs before doing anything for more critical eyes.

So for everyone reading the mailing list on a sunday afternoon, your task is
to create the best map possible showing how to get to your favourite
restaurant, sporting event, secret society meeting, or festival.