[OSM-talk] How do I tag this road in OSM

Tommy Persson tpe at ida.liu.se
Mon Jul 31 20:06:02 BST 2006

sven at anders-hamburg.de writes:

> Hi,
> Im not realy firm in how to tag roads in OSM.
>
> Perhabs someone could write me an answer to my question at:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Talk:Editing_Standards_and_Conventions#How_do_I_tag_this_road.3F

I have thought about ths also.  I am leaning towards your possibility
2.  My problem is that I want to add different properties at different
times.  One session i want to add what kind of road it is but i have
incomplete knowledeg about the name And in another session I want to
edit the name but don't care about the type of road.  And I am also
thinking about the case when different people prioritize different
properties.

--
/Tommy Persson