[OSM-talk] Yet another PDF project

Oliver White streetmap at blibbleblobble.co.uk
Sat Jun 3 16:25:40 BST 2006

On Saturday 03 June 2006 16:01, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> I must say the shore lines used are really inaccurate for use in
> Norway. :)

It's pretty comical at the moment (5 polygons to describe Bergen's coast), but
it you have a better version of GSHHS handy, try using that

The "main" download site (http://www.soest.hawaii.edu/wessel/gshhs/gshhs.html)
seems to be asking for passwords at the moment.  NOAA has a copy - you want
the gshhs_f.b.gz to get any significant detail. (and don't expect it to
render quickly ;)  - try doing just one city rather than the whole atlas!)

http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/mgg/shorelines/data/gshhs/version1.2/

I used "intermediate" detail (gshhs_i) because I've only got a modem
connection to download it with, but it should be able to use the "full"
resolution file without modification.

OJW

p.s. a new UK atlas is available - see the wiki page for details.