[OSM-talk] Re: [OSM-dev] MassGIS dataset

nick at hogweed.org nick at hogweed.org
Sat Jun 3 22:14:21 BST 2006

> We're all holding our breath right now for the June dump.  Is
> Steve the only one who can do this?  Is he back from Denmark?
> How can we make OSM less dependant on a single person?

Incidentally could the monthly generation of planet.osm not be made automated
easily? If OSM was "shut down" for editing on the 1st of the month from say
0000 GMT to 0600 GMT (for the sake of argument) I'd *guess* it would be
easily possible. Presumably all it would take is to run a simple script to
dump the database out as XML.

It would also allow users of planet.osm to run a cron job just after to update
their own database.

Nick