[OSM-talk] Re: [OSM-dev] MassGIS dataset

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 4 20:44:55 BST 2006

> This is exactly why you, Steve, need a manager.  There are exactly
> two things that should be your top priority right now, and they
> are:

Looks like you are volunteering for this positon ;)

> 1. Make the planet.osm dump for June available.
>
> 2. Restart the GPX upload process.
>
> No discussions on the mailing list for you, until this is done.

Yes, I agree these are probably top priorities at the moment, and that the list discussions lately have been distracting.
Still Steve is pretty busy at the moment, again heading out to speak at Where 2.0 in about a week.

> After this, we need to instruct someone else (me? Tom?) how to
> assist in rebooting the GPX upload in times when you are away.
> It's been hanging for more than 20 hours now.

I would also accept part responsibility to handle this. Then pretty likely someone will be able to get to it when it's reported.
So how do we reboot the GPX up.. oh sorry that's more mailing list discussion :).

> Sure, give Christopher a developer account with full rights.
> That'll keep him busy for a while, and I think he will do a good
> job.  The rest of us are desperate for the June planet.osm dump.

That's definitely open to Chris or anyone who wants to work on the code.

-Mikel