[OSM-talk] Re: [OSM-dev] MassGIS dataset

Johnny Doe uucp1 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 4 22:24:57 BST 2006

--- Tom Carden <tom at tom-carden.co.uk> wrote:

> (to promote the long-term vision and sustainability
> of the project to
> people who can help most).
>
> The planet will not stop turning if planet.osm is
> late.

It will. You are simply losing credibility even in the
eyes of the people who contributed a lot of data
to this project. What "long-term vision of
sustainability" we are talking about if
1. the 20-30 tracks are regulary stuck in the
input queue for several days,
2. the project needs MONTHS to add the TIGER
shapefiles to the database,
3. the project can't provide a MONTHLY dump
  of just 100.000 polylines ?