[OSM-talk] Re: [OSM-dev] MassGIS dataset

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Thu Jun 8 08:02:23 BST 2006

* @ 07/06/06 07:49:28 PM lars at aronsson.se wrote:
> > Now, why isn't there a June planet.osm? Because as Tom noted I
> > got back very late last night after being at reboot.
>
> This presumes *you* have to do the dump.  Why can't I do it? Or
> Petter, or Tom, or Mikel, or someone else you trust?  If every

Specifically because nobody but mikel knows the code well enough. I
really don't know why you're going down this road, there have been long
standing offers of accounts and the source is all available. The
practicality is that very few people want to do the work.

Again specificly with this dump, the servers just run out of memory. The
SQL and the schemas need major work. Feel free to do it, or any other
issue listed at http://trac.openstreetmap.org/

There's a slightly quicker route - someone could write a version of
ox.rb to just print xml rather than create a big DOM (and escape any tag
data).

> I have had to apologize to the newcomers I tried to recruit in the
> last weeks.  OSM just isn't any better than this one-man-show.

Please stop trolling.

have fun,