[OSM-talk] Do not mix data from different servers! (was: OSM server clones)

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Thu Jun 8 10:37:36 BST 2006

Hi,

> Does anybody run a clone of the OSM software on their own server?
> Doing so should be possible, because it is released under GPL and
> available from the SVN repository.

I just wanted to remind everyone: IF you find an other server out there
somewhere, DO NOT MIX UP FILES FROM DIFFERENT SERVERS IN JOSM!!!

Currently I do nothing to detect different server sources and very bad
things will happen, when two different instances mix up their created id's
in one file. ;-)

Ciao, Imi

PS: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Setting_up_a_test_server