[OSM-talk] RE: historic=monument [was: Photobucket]

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jun 16 13:15:51 BST 2006

There are lots of things like this (historic objects sticking out of/in
contact with the ground in one way or another) that either could be placed
under a common value or have alternative values. A few that spring to mind
include:

Mile post
Boundary marker
Benchmark
Triangulation pillar
Hand pump
Memorial
Information board
Signpost
Sign (ie historic town sign)

but I'm sure many more can be thought of.

Nowadays these generally get called "street furniture" of one format or
another.

cheers,

Andy

Andy Robinson