[OSM-talk] Copenhagen Data

J.D. Schmidt jdsmobile at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 11:55:57 BST 2006

Erik Johansson wrote:
> On 6/18/06, Christopher Schmidt <crschmidt at crschmidt.net> wrote:
>> http://crschmidt.net/mapping/openlayers/copenhagen.html
>>
>> Dutch_DK plans on uploading another 8 months of Kismet logs and
>> finishing more of the map, but in the meantime, I personally think that
>> he deserves a round of applause, because that's pretty cool work.
>
> That's some nice progress, but if  all of those are  tagged with names
> as well then I'm really impressed.

Feel free to be impressed.
After processing one month worth of Kismet logs into GPX files with the
converter Christopher wrote, I load each file into JOSM, make new nodes,
and connect the dots according to the trace, then name the ways
according to memory and verified against 3 different sources, then I
upload the processed data to OSM from JOSM. After that, I upload the GPX
traces via the Website.

You should be able to see the 118 traces of mine, if you select "see
traces from all users" on the GPS Trace page.

I started out with 2 years worth of kismet logs, on the 4'th of june,
and have processed 8 months worth (not uploading GPX files that covers
allready uploaded and processed areas). 16 months to go, before the
backlog is cleared, and at that time, I'm about sure that Copenhagen
will be pretty much covered.

J.D. "Dutch" Schmidt