[OSM-talk] Meetup in Stockholm and Gothenburg

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Tue Jun 20 03:38:24 BST 2006

After more than one year of Swedish activity in OpenStreetMap,
most Swedish contributors have never met in real life.  I'm
suggesting that we simply join the "wiki-fika" series of informal
cafe meetings held by the Swedish wiki user community.

Since there is not (yet) any Swedish chapter of the Wikimedia
Foundation, I took the initiative last year to organize a series
of cafe meetings.  These "wiki-fika" have since been happening at
irregular intervals in Linköping, Stockholm, and Lund, organized
by different people.  They are not specific to Wikipedia, but
users of susning.nu and other wikis are welcome too.  And since
OSM is a map wiki, this makes a lot of sense.

Wiki-fika are announced at http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:WT

Currently, two meetings are scheduled:

Sunday July 16, Stockholm,
Anders Reimers väg 8-10 (Reimers holme),
lat=59.319, lon=18.025
http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?lat=59.319&lon=18.025&zoom=14
starting at 3 pm (15:00)
This is an all-evening grill party.  Bring your own food.

Saturday July 22, Gothenburg,
place and time not decided yet.

I think one or two OSM contributors can add a lot to any such
meeting.  It's the right place to present OSM to people who are
already into wikis.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)