[OSM-talk] Links to Forum

Nick Black nickblack1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 16:05:46 BST 2006

On 6/20/06, Andy Armstrong <andy at hexten.net> wrote:

> (you replied off-list again - I assume you meant to reply to the list)
>
> On 20 Jun 2006, at 15:26, Ben Robbins wrote:
> > "Mainly because more experienced users will tend to prefer mailing
> > lists..."
> >
> > Why?
> I've no idea. Probably because they find them more convenient.
> > ''will tend to''
> >
> > Why in the future as well?
> Figure of speech.
> > I see no reason why the same topics cant be discussed threw either
> > method of communication.
> Can we just stop this now please?

Agreed.

It's a bad idea to advertise the forum on this mailing list because:

Why not advertise the forum on the main Wiki page and on the New members
PDF, which I think David Groom is putting together.  That way the mailing
list is kept clear, and newcommers can easily find information.  Personally
I think the main advantage of a forum would be having "Sticky" or "Read this
before posting threads", that give new users an idea of whats going on.  So
why not just stick this information in the new-users pdf?

Nick