[OSM-talk] Series 60 users - new version of nmea_info.py

Nick Burch openstreetmap at gagravarr.org
Mon Jun 26 11:22:40 BST 2006

Hi All

I thought that those of you with series 60 mobile phones might like to
know that I've updated my gps logging application. It should now include
all the features people asked for at the IoW :)

All you need is a series 60 mobile phone, a bluetooth GPS, and python
installed on your phone (http://sourceforge.net/projects/pys60)

The new features that people have asked for include:
* variable logging interval (use * and # to change)
* logging of random points (hit 0 to immediately log the current location)
* logging of GSM+GPS data, to the stumblestore log file, so you can
    contribute to gsmloc (http://gsmloc.org/) (enable by hitting 5)
* track offloader program, via bluetooth, which can export as GPX

Details on the main program can be found here:
 	http://gagravarr.livejournal.com/104793.html
And on the offloader script here:
 	http://gagravarr.livejournal.com/111495.html

As usual, any thoughts/feedback happily received :)

Nick