[OSM-talk] Re-editing previously covered roads

Barnett, Phillip Phillip.Barnett at itn.co.uk
Fri Jun 30 16:36:04 BST 2006

What are the ethics/considerations of editing previously done roads?
I've recently generated some good quality traces on a visit to Wales and
found that someone has already marked in a major road, but _very_
roughly, so it needs redoing. (It's a dual carriageway, and so needs two
one-way ways also - would that be right?)
  Is it necessary to find who that person is, or should I just plough on
regardless? Is there any way to find the 'author' as there is in a Wiki?
Phillip
Please Note:

or entity to which they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error, please notify postmaster at itn.co.uk