[OSM-talk] Label Ontology Version 1.0

Etienne Cherdlu openstreetmap-L at gj0.net
Fri Mar 3 01:55:37 GMT 2006

Folks
There's some guidance on the wiki about using labels but nothing very
formalised.  There seems to be some consistency in usage for common labels
(name, class) and a lot of ideas and suggestions for additional tags.

Are we at the stage yet where we should be trying to get a version
1.0ontology for labels?  If we could reach consensus on a very small
set of
labels and values then tools could start to rely on the meaning of these tag
values and begin to present a richer experience to OSM users.

What do people think. Is it too early to try to do this?

Etienne