[OSM-talk] How to save Tracks from GPS as .gpx

Joerg Ostertag openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Fri Mar 3 22:10:25 GMT 2006

> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/How_to_get_data_from_a_Geko_201

Sounds like a nice Idea, But what about adding some Info like:
 - Which Operating System? Probably Windows in your Case.
 - Which "GPS Utility" ? Maybe "Garmin MapSource" in you Case.
 - If you use Garmin Mapsource it's important to Update to
   the current Version, since the old Versions don't
   support gpx for saving

For Windows I personally would distill it to:
 - Connect you GPS to your Windows PC and download the Track
   as described in your Garmin Manual.
 - Save the Track with "Save as ..." and select GPX as format.
 (This is What i do with my "Garmin E-Map" if I happen to use Wxxx)

For Unix:
  gpsbabel -t -w -i garmin -o gpx -F <OUTFILE.gpx>

--

Sorry

Joerg