[OSM-talk] How to save Tracks from GPS as .gpx
openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Fri Mar 3 22:10:25 GMT 2006
Sounds like a nice Idea, But what about adding some Info like:
- Which Operating System? Probably Windows in your Case.
- Which "GPS Utility" ? Maybe "Garmin MapSource" in you Case.
- If you use Garmin Mapsource it's important to Update to
the current Version, since the old Versions don't
support gpx for saving
For Windows I personally would distill it to:
- Connect you GPS to your Windows PC and download the Track
as described in your Garmin Manual.
- Save the Track with "Save as ..." and select GPX as format.
(This is What i do with my "Garmin E-Map" if I happen to use Wxxx)
gpsbabel -t -w -i garmin -o gpx -F <OUTFILE.gpx>
More information about the talk