[OSM-talk] Street Labels

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Mon Mar 13 09:02:00 GMT 2006

Hi,

>> Urks... You are trying to run the java applet as a stand-alone
>> application. While you theoretically can do this, it is far more
>> convinient to use the online version at the website ;-)
>
> Last time I tried it online it was so extremly incredibly slow, that I
> thought i can't handle it. This was the reason I decided only to try it
> localy.

Java applets are downloaded and executed locally every time you start
them. So after the applet has been loaded, you should not notice any
differences in speed ;)

>> You need at least Java 1.5 to run JOSM.
>
> Do you (or anyone else) know a good repository with
> "Java 1.5" Debian testing Packages?

I have some instructions to setup Java in
http://www.eigenheimstrasse.de/svn/josm/README. It is for stable, but the
site should have an unstable archive too.

Use:

  deb http://ftp.debian-unofficial.org/debian/ unstable non-free

Ciao, Imi.