[OSM-talk] Street Labels

Joerg Ostertag openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Mon Mar 13 08:38:04 GMT 2006

Thanks for the really fast answer.

> > svn.openstreetmap.org/java$  ./runapplet.sh $OSMUSER $OSMPASSWORD
>
> Urks... You are trying to run the java applet as a stand-alone
> application. While you theoretically can do this, it is far more
> convinient to use the online version at the website ;-)

Last time I tried it online it was so extremly incredibly slow, that I thought
i can't handle it. This was the reason I decided only to try it localy.

> JOSM is an other application not located within the subversion at
> openstreetmap. Download the latest pre-compiled at
> http://www.eigenheimstrasse.de/josm/josm-latest.jar or compile it yourself
> using http://www.eigenheimstrasse/svn/josm.

I'll try later, when I've installed the new java.

> You need at least Java 1.5 to run JOSM.

Do you (or anyone else) know a good repository with
  "Java 1.5"  Debian testing Packages?

> Ciao, Imi.
>
> PS: To run the applet locally, you have to fix the runapplet.sh (which is
> outdated) to include the processing-jar files from the java/lib/
> subdirectory and then pass "--user=<username> --pass=<password>" as
> parameter. ;-)

Could you please fix this in svn?

Joerg

--