[OSM-talk] Some questions about ways

Etienne Cherdlu openstreetmap-L at gj0.net
Wed Mar 15 21:11:39 GMT 2006

Is there a semantic difference between a segment that is part of a way and
one that is not part of a way?  ie, should a single segment that does not
belong to any way be treated as if it were a way comprising of one segment?

Are non linear ways valid?  For example, a way that contains a roundabout?
Is the order of segments in the way significant in this case? (see, for an
example, the way with id=91).

How can ways be joined together?  I have defined a small part of the M25 as
a way (id=90) because that is the bit I'm interested in today.  How can
someone else connect up the rest of the M25 to this?

Etienne