[OSM-talk] Strange api behaviour

Tom Carden tom at tom-carden.co.uk
Fri Mar 17 00:08:02 GMT 2006

On 3/16/06, SteveC <steve at asklater.com> wrote:

> If an API goes away, the client gets 404. This is used in the REST API
> to signal a node for example as been deleted. To remove the ambiguity,
> something which says what the version is can be used.

When the API version is removed, shouldn't it report 410 (gone, or
"gone and I really mean it" depending on who you ask)?

Also, calls where the reply format hasn't changed at all should do 301
(moved permanently) to the new API version? (e.g. if nodes looked the
same, which they don't this time because of tag format).

T.