[OSM-talk] UK meetup

Ben Gimpert ben at somethingmodern.com
Thu Mar 23 10:29:54 GMT 2006

In the Midwest of the U.S., people also think nothing of such drives.
When growing up we would drive from the Chicago 'burbs to visit family
in Detroit in a morning with no planning or thought-to-effort.  That's
500km.  Man is gas cheap across the pond.

I find it amusing that to most Londoners, my potential "commute" from
north London to Nottingham was just *ABSURD*.

"American is a place where 100 years is a long time, and Europe is a
place where 100 miles is a long way."

		Ben