[OSM-talk] Running the applet offline (was: Tutorial videos)

Preben Mikael Bohn preben at chin.dk
Mon Mar 27 15:17:53 BST 2006

>> I havn't tried this; but I guess it still depends on data from the OSM
>> server? Would it be possible to run it entirely off-line, with
>> downloaded
>> data for a given area (somewhat like JOSM) perhaps if I set up the
>> database/webserver/whatever on the same machine?
>
> Not yet. Its in trac at http://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/136 and
> http://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/137. If you want to do this, step
> forward! ;-)

The most easy/brute-force way to do this (I guess) would simply be to take
a snapshot of the database and set up DB, the webserver and associated
scripts on the local machine. Assuming that a snapshot of the DB could be
made, how difficult is it to setup the other stuff?

Actually for my own purpose I would not need data from the OSM server at
all; I only need a nice editor for my own data so I don't need to upload
first to a busy server and then using the editor online afterwards...

Best regards Preben