[OSM-talk] Cross post: FW: [CARTO-SoC] SoC Newsletter, March Issue

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Mar 28 17:19:46 BST 2006

I see OSM gets a mention.

Andy

Andy Robinson
Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk

-----Original Message-----
From: carto-soc-request at sheffield.ac.uk
[mailto:carto-soc-request at sheffield.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Gary
Sent: 28 March 2006 17:48
To: Multiple recipients of list CARTO-SOC
Subject: [CARTO-SoC] SoC Newsletter, March Issue

Please note that the latest issue of the Society of Cartographers Newsletter
is available for free download from the Society's website. It can be
accessed at:

http://www.soc.org.uk/Newsletter/Newsletters.html

This issue provides information on future conference events and meetings
with a cartographic flavour. It also contains a report on the BBC Shop Talk
programme broadcast in early January on BBC Radio 4 at which SoC Chair Steve
Chilton was a panel member. The programme featured a discussion about the
latest mapping technologies.

Also in this issue: up to date guidance on walking maps, information on the
2006 SoC Summer School at Keele University, an Bursary application form for
the Summer School and more...

I hope you enjoy reading our Newsletter and that it inspires you to get
involved with SoC activities, especially the Summer School which promises to
be a great event.

--
Gary Haley
Newsletter Editor