[OSM-talk] postcode idea

Nick Hill nick at nickhill.co.uk
Thu Mar 30 10:55:27 BST 2006

Immanuel.scholz at gmx.de wrote:
> I don't know whether all of these people agree to have their address listed in
> an available online database (regardless of the fact that their names are
> removed, which could be easily obtained from other sources).

Ultimately, if we are building an on-line database with road names,
locality names, postcodes and street numbering, all addresses will
appear on it.

If we accept this, then whether we use an address to help structure the
system perhaps becomes practically neutral.

We then have the point of law Copyright: Does a singular address
provided to someone constitute a copyrightable work? If so, when I have
that address, who owns the copyright?