[OSM-talk] ANNOUNCE: OSMF

Erik Johansson erjohan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 13:39:47 BST 2006

On 3/30/06, Ben Gimpert <ben at somethingmodern.com> wrote:
> Oh and I would not give a single pence if I have to go to meetings,
> voting boards, pow-wows, peace rallies, etc.  All I want is the ability
> to accurately monitor -- *without* a mandate to control -- how my money
> is being spent.

Just give money and don't go then, being able to monitor/audit is one
of the hardest and costly thing to do. You want to audit two things:

1. economic
2. activities

An economic audit is (relativly) easy to do if we are talking about
controlling where the donations goes. Auditing the activity is alot
harder.

Now I've audited non-profit associations (Student unions, and a local
LUG), and Foundations (Schoolarships).  The non-profits I've worked
for are alot more engaging than the foundations, so I do hope we are
talking about somekind of organization where I can actually voice my
opinion.

--
/Erik