[OSM-talk] Questions from a newbie on editing

Laurence Penney lists at lorp.org
Wed May 3 16:25:48 BST 2006

Thanks all for the comments. I'll spend some more time on OSM and JOSM
after IoW - which I'm intending to come to (if only Steve will let me
know if there's still a space in the caravan!)

I hadn't fully thought through the privacy issues. It make sense to
anonymize the data, especially considering that Steve could have his
servers raided, or any one of us could conceivably have their computer
impounded and inspected, or stolen.

A useful option for the paranoid could be to leave one's undated trails
on the OSM servers but delete all references to any account that I have
at OSM.

-- Laurence