[OSM-talk] Re: OSM hardware?

David Groom reviews at pacific-rim.net
Tue May 9 13:55:18 BST 2006

It occurred to me over the weekend that what would be really nice, would be
something like a GPS receiver connected to a laptop recoding GPS traces.

have the facility by either a key-press , or ideally by a separate push
button connected to the laptop, to mark a node, and for each subsequent node
to be connected to the previous by a segment, so that an OSM format file was
automatically created.

Obviously this OSM file would need some editing to ensure data integrity, to
create ways, and annotate ways, but it just seemed like a nice thing to
have.