[OSM-talk] Re: OSM hardware?

Joerg Ostertag openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Tue May 9 14:07:17 BST 2006

On Tuesday 09 May 2006 14:44, Erik Johansson wrote:
> Joerg has notes on
> * nslu2  €70
> * usb flash memory €50
> * power adaptor for a car €2.5-€25

Since I havn't found a cheap working powersupply with 5V 600mA it'll probably
be >=25€

> * USB GPS receiver  €50
>
> That's at worst €200 to make a very high capacity (a year) GPS logger
> for you car...

Yes I currently try to get my NSLU2 to log data to an USB Stick:
 http://www.ostertag.name/HowTo/NSLU2-Debian.html
The gpsd is already running and it is starting to log 3 minutes after you
pressed the start button. Next test will be to get it work at 12V inside my
car.

If anyone is interested in trying himself i can put a tar (400MB) onto my
website to get the current state of my development.

Maybe I can post some more pictures (new powersupply, new USB Stick, ...)
tonight.

-

Joerg