[OSM-talk] Questions from a newbie on editing

Laurence Penney lorp at lorp.org
Fri May 12 10:09:21 BST 2006

SteveC wrote:
> * @ 02/05/06 12:33:57 PM lorp at lorp.org wrote:
>
> Hmm, the list server's clock is doing something funny.

You sure? I wrote the email you're replying to on May 2. Since then I've
had several responses, and met a whole load at the IoW so the questions
are mostly redundant now.

> Is your GPS doing curve fitting - taking more points on corners than
> down street lines? If so, the join-up lines wont appear.

The main problem was only half the tracklog loaded back then. With the
new servers all is well.

>> * Zoom (] key) doesn't work beyond level 14, I have to edit the URL to
>> 15 or 16
>
> Yeah, that was to stop it loading too much data. How was it, did it work
> ok?

I can live with editing the URL but it seems an odd UI unless you're
really trying to discourage use of the applet.

> As for the rest of it... yes the applet needs work. I keep prodding Imi
> :-)

That's good!

-- Laurence