[OSM-talk] IoW road names: Presumably this wouldn't be a copyright violation?

nick at hogweed.org nick at hogweed.org
Sun May 14 01:08:35 BST 2006

When mapping IOW last week I walked up a road which I couldn't quite remember
the name of... it was either Steephill Down Road or Steephill Down Lane.

Doing a Google search for

"steephill down" ventnor

produces a load of Steephill Down Road references, and no Steephill Down Lane.

Would it be ok to use these to confirm that it was indeed Steephill Down Road?
Most are sports sites relating to Ventnor Golf Club (which is at the end of
the road)
I presume so, but with things like copyright I guess it pays to double-check.

Nick