[OSM-talk] Offer to help with wiki maintenance

Richard Russell R.Russell-3 at student.manchester.ac.uk
Sun May 21 06:41:00 BST 2006

Hello,

This is an open offer for me to help on any aspect of the MediaWiki software
your wiki runs on.
I've been helping on Manchester University's wiki
(http://umsu.manchester.ac.uk/wikispectus) since it started, and I'm now
helping administrate it too.
If you've got any questions or problems, I'll try and help.
I saw in your mailing list you wanted to customise the navigation bar, I know
how to do that in the latest wiki version, I can find out how for yours. There
are some ways to reduce spammers:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Bad_Behavior_extension
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/SpamBlacklist_extension

Also, if you want help upgrading to the newer version (the newest version is
1.6.5), I've just upgraded manchester uni's one so I'll try and help on that
too if you want.

I think your project is great, I found out about it after writing some geo
software myself.

Richard