[OSM-talk] power=line without power=tower?

Nick Whitelegg nick at hogweed.org
Sun Nov 12 13:42:12 GMT 2006

Not too far from me is a very old line of pylons - old enough to be on the New
Popular Edition of the area.

Thus this line could easily be added to OSM. However the NPE map doesn't show
the actual towers, just the line. Nonetheless the line itself would be useful
for navigation.

So what I'm thinking of doing is adding it in as a power=line, but just use
nodes rather than actual pylons. This seems to be what even the modern OS
does on its 1:50000 maps at least , so it accords with other mapping
practice. Any issues with this?

Nick