[OSM-talk] New Popular Edition in JOSM

Simon Hewison simon at zymurgy.org
Sun Nov 26 21:45:09 GMT 2006

Nick Whitelegg wrote:
> I would like to announce the addition of New Popular Edition support to the
> landsat plugin in JOSM. It works in exactly the same way as Landsat; you
> select New Popular Edition when you're downloading, and when the image has
> downloaded you can adjust its position with the same toolbar button as for
> adjusting the position of Landsat.
..

All very good, and incredibly useful. However if you start looking at
the Western extremities (e.g. Pembrokeshire), you will find that by
about 5 degrees west, the difference between Grid North and True North
becomes so great that even within a 1km square, that the tiles really
need skewing to fit the JOSM display.

(Either that, or JOSM needs an option of OSGB projection as well as
Mercator or EPSG:4326), which of course wouldn't make much sense outside
the UK.

--
Simon Hewison