[OSM-talk] Decision for slippy map

Sven Anders sven at anders-hamburg.de
Wed Nov 22 07:50:05 GMT 2006

Hi,
I am  unhappy  about the decision to implement slippy map on
www.openstreetmap.org in a pre-alpha state.

I think the major think is that it is posible to see a map in a browser of any
area of the world. But there is no map for Germany in the last two weeks.

Why can't we have the old version online too?

Why would nobody discuss about the progess of putting slippy map to a live
system  before?

Why can't we render the whole world and then discuss about changes?
(I don't know about mistakes of slippy Map in London, but perhabs I will find
problems of slippy map if "my area" is rednered)

Openstreetmap seem to by a "UK only Application",  all other user had to wait
for the data, or the program is ready.

We have a presentation in Hamburg (Germany) today.

We can show:
* Josm
* osmarender

but not the live map.