[OSM-talk] Newbie - queries and usability suggestions

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Wed Nov 22 22:55:59 GMT 2006

Nick Whitelegg wrote:

> Such a statement needs qualification. Exactly why is it useless?

Because it doesn't cover Sweden.  I cannot show off the things
I've been working on the last 18 months.  The previous version was
useless because it was too slow.  It all reminds me of the
performance problems Wikipedia had during its first 3 years.

> As for apathy and cynicism, I see none of it in evidence. I see
> an enthusiastic community,

Which is far smaller than it could have been.  The apathy you
don't see is the people who only took a look at the project and
never returned again, because it was useless in too many ways.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)