[OSM-talk] Hello and login problem

Ben Ward ben at crouchingbadger.com
Sat Nov 25 14:15:17 GMT 2006

Afternoon all,

Just got on the mailing list after wading through the gallons of
information about the OSM project.  I've been editing my tracks from
Littlemore, a village south of Oxford, and getting the hang of what to
do and what not to do.

I'm having a few problems logging on to the wiki to edit things, I keep getting:

[Login error:There is no user by the name "Osm at crouchingbadger.com".
Check your spelling, or create a new account.]

I reckon it's case sensitive, but I'm putting it in lower case and I
think it's auto upper-casing my login, or maybe it only does that when
it displays. Plus
my uploads/downloads work through JOSM etc. Any ideas anyone?

Is it just me or does anyone else find a Wikimedia wiki a very poor
way of learning something?  Great project though and a lot of great
work done on it so far.

Ben

--
ben at crouchingbadger.com | http://crouchingbadger.com