[OSM-talk] Hello and login problem

David Groom reviews at pacific-rim.net
Sat Nov 25 14:26:51 GMT 2006

Firstly hello & welcome

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ben Ward" <ben at crouchingbadger.com>
To: <talk at openstreetmap.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2006 2:15 PM
Subject: [OSM-talk] Hello and login problem

> Afternoon all,
>
> Just got on the mailing list after wading through the gallons of
> information about the OSM project.  I've been editing my tracks from
> Littlemore, a village south of Oxford, and getting the hang of what to
> do and what not to do.
>
> I'm having a few problems logging on to the wiki to edit things, I keep
> getting:
>
> [Login error:There is no user by the name "Osm at crouchingbadger.com".
> Check your spelling, or create a new account.]

Just in case you are not aware, the wiki username & password is different to
the OSM login name & password used to upload  / edit data

> I reckon it's case sensitive, but I'm putting it in lower case and I
> think it's auto upper-casing my login, or maybe it only does that when
> it displays. Plus
> my uploads/downloads work through JOSM etc. Any ideas anyone?
>
> Is it just me or does anyone else find a Wikimedia wiki a very poor
> way of learning something?  Great project though and a lot of great
> work done on it so far.

I agree. Its why I started http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/PdfManual
, though its now out of date and I never got as far as turning it into a pdf
:).  It did try and collect all important stuff into one page though.

David