[OSM-talk] Tagging areas

Christoph Eckert ce at christeck.de
Fri Oct 6 19:43:23 BST 2006

Argh,

> Map features defines natural=water, which works perfectly for me.

thanks a bunch. Now I learned what map features is for :) .
Anyway, another problem has risen. I created nodes, then segments and
made the lakes a way:
http://christeck.de/stuff/natural-water01.png

Then I assigned natural=water. Now the contour was damaged in JOSM:
http://christeck.de/stuff/natural-water02.png

All segments have been drawn in the same direction, if that matters. But
regardless that it looks a bit weird in JOSM, it rendered properly via
osmarenderer:
http://christeck.de/stuff/natural-water03.png

Is this only a display weakness in josm and I don't need to care about
it? I didn't trust it, so I only commited the ways as such to osm, not
tagged as natural=water.

Comments?

ce