[OSM-talk] JOSM mappaint plugin

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Tue Oct 17 10:04:42 BST 2006

It might be useful to be able to add icons (by putting them somewhere, eg
the mappaint folder, or with an import dialog). For example, re the questin
just now about mini roundabouts, for which there is no feedback anywhere, it
might be useful to be able to put an icon next to the node for a mini
roundabout (or traffic signals, whatever).

Ideally these would be built in of course by default, but if the flexibility
that's there for way colouring is to be extended to icons you'd need gif or
pngs outside the package.

By the way, I'd be happy to help with some of this. Having tweaked some of
the colours and line widths, I'm now beginning to prefer this rendering to
osmarender, and the immediate feedback is much, much easier to use, so
extending it would be really useful. My Java is a little rusty (nore PHP
recently), but I have programmed in Java. Perhaps contact me separately if
you would like some collaborative help. (I'm sure just adding icons to those
already there would be easy in any case).

David